By Joely Walker
The countdown is over and the Olympic ceremony will have us all celebrating by 8.50pm tonight (if you’re not already!).
Leading the Olympic trend is Max Factor’s make-up artist Caroline Barnes, who has created a signature ‘Sports Chic’ Olympian look. Caroline’s look will be proudly worn by all the athlete and presenter escorts during the London 2012 Olympic & Paralympic Games Victory Ceremonies.
Barnes says, ‘this makeup is all about beautiful, perfected, skin, with highlights and accents of gold and purple’.
Here’s how you can get the look:
- Apply Lasting Performance Foundation (£9.99) to your T-zone.
- Blend Miracle Touch Foundation (£12.99) over your skin with a finger or a brush.
- Use a touch of Miracle Touch Creamy Blush (£6.99) on cheekbones.
- Barne’s favours a strong brow so fill yours in with Eyebrow Pencil (£4.99).
- Use Max Colour Effect Trio Eye-Shadow in Coco Crazy (£6.99) using the darkest shade in the socket and take a small amount underneath your lower lashes to make your eyes appear bigger.
- Apply Masterpiece Colour Precision Eye-shadow in Pearl Beige (£6.99) to the inner corner of your eyes for an instant eye-opener.
- Now for purple – use Liquid Effect Pencil in Violet Voltage (£6.99) on the outer third of your eye, on both top and lower lashes.
- Apply a few coats of False Lash Effect Gold Mascara (£11.99) to lashes.
- Finally apply a slick of Max Colour Effect Lip Gloss in Romantic (£4.99) and a coat of Max Colour Effect Mini Nail Polish in Ivory (£3.99).
(All by Max Factor)
Now you’re ready for the games.