I had a bad hair day yesterday, or at least I thought I did until I saw Drew Barrymores look of choice (pictured, below), on the same day, for the screening of the film Everybodys Fine in L.A. It was exactly the same as my make-do hairstyle. Suddenly my bad hair day isnt looking so terrible after all.
This updo has been my failsafe, time-saving, hairstyle for a while now (see below). If Ive pushed snooze one too many times and dont have time to wash, blow-dry and straighten my hair then this is my salvation. I just reach for the dry shampoo (Batiste, FYI) and Kirby grips instead.
And clearly its also a great style to play down party dress a la Drew our own Acting Beauty Director Jenny beat her to the look, wearing it for a wedding earlier this year.
Here is my five-step guide to nailing this style:
1. Spray the roots with dry shampoo it gives the hair guts and gets rid of greasy roots.
2. Dont fuss with partings, just let your hair fall naturally and sweep the hair back as if you were putting it into a ponytail at the nape of your neck.
3. The hair should be between your thumb and index finger. Wrap the lengths around your finger and into a twisted bun.
4. Hold in place and manoeuvre until you are happy, then get pinning.
5. Use a couple of grips to hold the twisted bun in place, then use the rest to decorate the hair, you could even try coloured grips for a more playful effect.
My top tip: You know how kirby grips always disappear into a black hole, never to be seen again; click here to buy them from Sallys, £7.82 for 500.