Dont take products so literally, theyre all saying. Remember that make-up is an art not a game of paint-by-numbers.
Ive always mixed, matched, mis-matched and made up my make-up as I go along, so its great to have professional endorsement for my beauty experiments.
Here are some of my favourite ways to get creative with make-up:
1. I mix my base with a little MAC Strobe Cream, £20.06, for extra radiance or a dot of lip balm to achieve extra dewiness.
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
2. I use concealer on my eyelids to even out the skin tone, brighten my eyes and provide a good base for eye shadow or whatevers to follow.
3. I use MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner SPF 15, £10.28, in Virtuous Violet to give my lips a sexy, stained look. Then I dab some on my cheeks for a natural flush.
4. Belmacz Blitz Gold Leaf Eye Shadow, £26, is a brilliant multi-use product. I pat it on my lips before applying gloss or lipstick to add fullness and shimmer, and also down the bridge of my nose as a highlighter.
5. Jemma Kidd Define Stay-Put Eyeliner, £14.68, in Sedona is a gently sparkling bronze thats soft enough to use as an eye shadow.
Click here to find out how the experts are working this new trend in our latest feature, Shake-up Your Make-up.