Perhaps at over six foot tall, Im just too far away to deal with them. But much as Id like to spend an hour every other week in the salon, I cant so I asked nail technician to the stars Andrea Fullerton for her tips to keep feet sweet between appointments:
1. Rub cuticle cream regularly onto your nails, even when theyre painted. Use it at the very bottom of your nails where the new nail is growing through and it will make re-growth of cuticles slower and what dead white skin does appear will be easier to remove.
2. Colour on your big toe often chips or grows out quicker than the others so you can freshen up your pedi just by taking off the old polish from your big toe and reapplying colour and top-coat. On all the other toes, a quick layer of top-coat will give them renewed shine.
3. To keep feet soft, use an exfoliator or foot scrub in the shower at least three times a week. Afterwards, use the corner of a towel to rub around the cuticle area on your toes in firm, circular movements. Thisll help remove that dead white skin [see above] and keep your pedicure looking polished.
4. Apply moisturiser or foot lotion while your feet are still damp. Itll give the emollient something to work with.
5. Wearing socks also helps your foot cream go even further. The nourishing agents will cradle your feet as you go about your business or if you dont wear socks during the day, slather on moisturiser in the evening and wear socks for a couple of hours before bed.
6. Time on your hands? Do a foot mask using either a good foot cream or a hydrating face mask. Apply the mask all over your feet and ankles, seal them with cling film and a hand towel and leave for five minutes.
7. If youre starting from scratch, use an orange stick to remove any dead skin clinging to the nail plate and then clippers to trim your toes and give them a good, square shape. Soften hard corners and edges with a nail file.
8. Buff your nails using a buffing block before painting them a clean, smooth surface makes nail polish look better and last longer.
Finally, a tip from me: click here to subscribe to ELLE magazine and get a brilliant OPI Nail Kit, worth £39, absolutely free! The scrub and lotion smell gorgeous, and the bright pink polish is an instant style update.
Plus, ELLEs beauty assistant Georgia swears by Nail Envy, which she uses in place of normal base coat to whip weak nails into shape.