It was the last thing I wanted to hear theres a reason Ive worn contact lenses 18 hours a day, seven days a week for 19 years but I know shes right. My eyes need a break.
The trouble is, how do you wear make-up when youre wearing glasses? Ive worn my specs enough to know normal make-up can look funny but not enough to know what to do about it.
I posed this rather unglamorous (though important) dilemma to M.A.Cs Head of Make-Up Artistry Terry Barber and he gave me these pointers:
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Avoid too much eye make-up, especially hard lines around the eyes. If you want to wear kohl, go down a shade and smudge it slightly. Blend a good nude eye shadow, such as M.A.C. Eyeshadow in Vanilla, £9.79, over lids. Dont define your brows a simple sweep through with a clear gel is enough to look groomed.
2. Avoid mascara it can look harsh. Go for a touch at the base of lashes if you want some definition. Pumped up lashes prodding the lenses is a no!
3. Keep skin very fresh. Use plenty of moisturiser then just concealer on dark circles, blemishes and over eyelids, and a little illuminator.
4. Opt for a powder blush on cheeks to keep the look soft. Put it on the outside of your apples only and sweep it out lightly to your temples.
5. The one thing you can play up is lips. Whether you prefer this seasons stain or a full, glossy coat, anything goes. (Check out Dita von Teese out and about in LA in tinted specs and total lips for proof.)
Are there any make-up niggles I can help you with?