by Sarah Royce-Greensill
Sadly we cant all have the bank balance or genetic makeup of Victorias Secret Angel and 9
1) Start with a simple canvas. Use Benefit Stay Flawless Primer to even out the skin tone and minimize pores.
2) Emulate Candices glow with a radiance-boosting foundation like Chanels Vitalumiere Aqua. Apply a light layer to even out and illuminate the skin, and use New CID COsmetics i-illuminise highlighter to brighten the under-eye area and disguise any blemishes.
3) Lightly dust a loose powder such as Chanels Poudre Universelle Libre across the t-zone to absorb any shine.
4) Next, cheat some Candice-esque cheekbones by applying Daniel Sandler Watercolour Creme Bronzer along the hollows of your cheeks. Suck in your cheeks to reveal the best place to apply.
5) Add a pop of colour by smoothing a dusky rose cream blusher on the apples of your cheeks. Try Chanels Le Blush Crème de Chanel in Inspiration.
6) The contrast between Candices platinum locks and dark brows ups the edginess factor. Even if youre not blonde, strong brows still balance out the copper eye shadow and tick A/W13 trend boxes. Combine the brown shades in Chanels Le Sourcil de Chanel to create a shade slightly darker than your natural colour, and dab the highlighter underneath the arch to draw attention to your perfect brows.
7) Candices elongated copper eye is a modern take on the traditional smoky eye. With a flat brush, sweep a rich copper eye shadow like Chanels Ombre Essentiel in Safari across the eyelids, building it up especially in the inner corner between the eyebrow and the bridge of the nose. Drag the colour past the outer edge of the eye in an extended flick, getting lighter towards the end. The flick should extend just past the end of your eyebrow, at a slight upwards angle.
8) Take a metallic gold eyeliner try Eyeko liquid metal eyeliner in rose gold and draw a thin line on the crease of each eye. Dab a little in the corners of the eyes too, smudging slightly with your finger to brighten the inner eyes.
9) Finish off the eyes with two coats of carbon black mascara, such as L'Oreal Paris Double Extension Fortifying Mascara, which lengthens, separates and extends.
10) Finally, Candices lipstick veers towards a brown shade of nude, which perfectly complements the tone used on her eyes and ties in with the Nineties make-up trend. Chanels Rouge Coco Hydrating crème lip colour in Icone is a universally flattering shade, and will hydrate the lips without adding any gloss matte is modern.
1) After washing and towel-drying hair, scrunch Bumble & Bumble Full Form Mousse from the roots to the ends. For extra oomph or if your hair is particularly fine, add Bumble & Bumble Thickening Spray too.
2) Turn your head upside down and dry with a hairdryer. The key to Candices sleek yet dishevelled look is to generate volume at the roots, so blast the hair from different angles, keeping the hair moving to create an undefined parting.
3) For the sweeping fringe, take a chunky section from the front of the hair and blow-dry it in the opposite direction to the way you want it to fall. Once it is dry, push it to the other side for a sexy sweeping effect.
4) Sprinkle Redken Powder Grip Mattifying Hair Powder on your roots and massage in with your fingers for extra-dishevelled root lift.
5) If you need to add any extra lift to your roots, spray Bumble & Bumbles new Dryspun Finish spray directly onto the areas that need oomph, paying particular attention to the crown of your head and fringe.
6) Meanwhile, the ends of your hair want to be sleek and shiny, so rub the tiniest amount of Bumble & Bumbles Brilliantine between your fingers and smooth onto the very ends for a polished effect.
7) With your head upside down again, finish off with a good spritz of Osis Session Extreme Hold Hairspray to keep the volume in place.