Image by REX
The last of Hollywood's Golden girls, Lauren Bacall, died following a stroke yesterday, aged 89.
The prolific Film Noir actress, who was perhaps best known for her starring role in To Have And Have Not, left behind an impressive screen legacy. Moreover, her iconic beauty look continues to instruct and inspire.
Here are 6 things to remember:
1) When it comes to eyebrows, a classic arch is the perfect face-framer.
2) Lauren's doe-eyed look was created by enhancing her lashes with mascara. That was it. She didn't use liner and that's OK.
3) Colour on the lips will brighten any smile.
4) Choose one feature to accentuate and pare everything else back. Less is more.
5) Lauren once said: 'I think your whole life shows in your face and you should be proud of that.' In her heyday, her complexion was to die for. We all know what this means: eat healthily, drink plenty of water, use SPF, get plenty of sleep.
6) When it comes to hair, a side parting and soft waves are the ultimate in screen siren glamour.