It seems that the stage is set for the biggest trend of the season - punk is the one to be coveting come autumn. And what says punk more than a powerful smoky eye?
Both Lucia Pieroni at Roberto Cavalli (right) and Benjamin Puckey at Just Cavalli (left) created super wearable but individual smoky eyes. Here's what they used and our verdict...
- Mac smoulder pencil to line the eyes and smudge out
- Two darkest shades of Autum Winter Forecast Trend palette (available April) all over the eye and under the lash line
- Mac eye gloss in Black Sea coated over the entire eye to give sheen
- A few coats of Haute and Naughty Lash mascara- Brushed up brows
This look gives a nod to the punk trend without being too obvious or OTT. The soft almond shape of the shadow avoids it looking too 60's whilst the cream shadow means extra staying power. Pair the look with loose waves or a low ponytail for a winning combination.
- Mac eyeliner in Rough Black around the eye and in the water line
- Mac shadows in Black Tie and Black Carbon in a feline shape and under the lower lash line
- lashings of Mac False Lash mascara
- a thin line of Mac Eye Gloss in Black Sea as a liner
The sultry feline shape gives the smoky eye a 60's feel but the softness of the edges makes it more modern and cool. Wear with a high power pony (another emerging trend) or go grungy with wet-look hair.
We're torn between choosing, which look do you prefer? Tweet us @ELLEBEAUTYTEAM