The time has come for me to bid farewell to ELLE. After 9 long months working as part of the beauty team, I'm taking off my intern hat and handing the reigns to the next budding beauty journalist to land a beauty internship at ELLE (watch this space). In honour of my time here I thought I would recount some of my most revered ELLE memories and things Ill miss the most...
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
1. Managing to get front row seats at my very first fashion show Matthew Willamson SS10. Jammy, moi?
2. Standing in the toilet queue at said catwalk show to discover Mr Williamson himself waiting in the queue in front of me lets just say it was awkward.
3. The constant ramblings going down in the beauty department on a daily basis. Who knew there was so much to discuss about the merits of volume mascara over waterproof? The debates we have here are endless.
4. All the amazing products and treatments Ive been able to try in the name of research.
5. Heading to Istanbul for my first press trip and visiting a traditional hamman chamber where a group of nude masseuses gave us a Turkish bath. Ive never seen so many squealing beauty journalists!
6. Special mention has to go to the constant supply of cupcakes, sweet jars full of retro sweets and enough macaroons to sink a battleship that seem to float around the beauty desk. Ill miss them, my waistband wont.
7. But most of all, Ill miss my team chief Dickinson, boss Riedl, major Collins and commander Lawrenson.