Every morning is the same I hop in the shower, throw on my clothes, apply a little make-up and, if I have a spare few minutes, do my hair. The problem is, most mornings I dont have a spare few minutes, so my hair gets scraped back into a dishevelled pony. So what's a relentless alarm-ignorer to do? Hairstylist Zoe Irwin (Wellaflex Silvikrin Style Director, and the woman in charge of our ed-in-chief's hair!) suggests two different easy, on-trend and quick looks
ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW
Two minutes to go: the sleek pony
Greasy hair isnt bad hair work with the natural oils in your hair for a sleek up-do
1. Run a small amount of gel through the hair and pull into a high, smooth pony. This look was big on the SS10 runways - think Gucci, Loewe (pictured above) and DKNY - and is a quick and easy fix to glam up greasy locks!
2. Finish with Wellaflex Silvikrin Shiny Hold Hairspray, £2.79, for some extra shine and hold.
ELLE tip: Two-texture hair was huge on the SS10 catwalks (Hussein Chalayan and Etro), so gel the roots and leave the ends product-free.
Five minutes to go: the textured braid
Unwashed hair has great texture so use it to your advantage work with it, not against it
1. Run a small amount of leave-in conditioner through the mid lengths and ends (ELLE recommends Moisture Balance Leave-In Conditioner, £3.69, by Pantene Pro-V) to condition and add texture.
2. Hold your hair as if you were about to create a ponytail then section the hair in two and plait hair into two braids.
3. Put the braids in a low ponytail and wrap around themselves to create a low, off-centre bun (inspiration taken from Rochas, pictured above).
Zoes tip: Spray hairspray onto your fingers and run through the roots of and across the plaits. This keeps the roots in place but also, due to the alcohol content in hairspray, lifts any excess grease from the roots.