Her books 'Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me' and 'Blue Eyeshadow Should Be Illegal' inform customers about which products Paula believes really work and which aren't worth your hard-earned cash.
I met Paula recently and she is quite a character. As you would imagine from a woman who is likened to a member of a crime squad, she tells it how it is and doesn't hold back.
Here are her top beauty tips and insights:
1. Just because something is natural doesn't mean it is good for your skin and vice-versa - just because something is synthetic doesn't automatically mean it's bad for you.
2. Women tend to like things that are bad for them. You know you'd choose chocolate over broccoli and it is the same for cosmetics and skincare. You have to know what you are putting on your skin; I know it's time consuming but try to read and understand every ingredient on your beauty products.
3. If you want younger skin don't get a sun tan. SPF is so important; you can't always see the damage being caused before it's too late.
4. Antioxidants are a girl's best friend whether she is eating them or putting them on her skin.
5. You don't need a separate cream for your eyes.
6. The belief that dry skin wrinkles faster than oily skin is a complete myth.
7. Celebrity endorsement shouldn't be your sole reason for buying a beauty product.
8. Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it works. Olay does a great serum - Regenerist Daily Regenerating Serum and it only costs around £20.More