The founder of one of London’s hottest spin studios BOOM cycle, part-time model and all-round fitness junkie, Hilary Gilbert tells us how to get the most out of the ultimate cardio workout.
Follow these guidelines and reap the rewards. Now, time to stock up on broccoli...and clean that juicer.
Before the class
- Wake up early and kick start the day with Matcha Tea, which is immune boosting and packed with energising antioxidants.
- For breakfast: try a green juice made of broccoli, ginger, green apple, kale and cucumber and have this with a wholesome breakfast like eggs cooked in coconut oil on sourdough toast.
During the class
- Embrace the music. See how a positive and high-energy vibe can make you feel better and push yourself harder.
- Wear kit that makes you feel awesome. Right now I am loving Lululemon, Sweaty Betty and Under Armour.
- Work with a mantra. I use this: 'I believe the hard part is just starting. Just begin and the rest will fall into place'
After the class
- Recover with a good meal like fish or Bavette steak and veg.
- Enjoy a treat. I have a popsicle every evening and love a good class of red wine as I veg out with Netflix before getting a good night sleep.
Listen to Hilary's fav tracks to spin to here.