So we called Lyndell Mansfield, the stylist Jessie has on speed-dial and the woman responsible for the cover look, to tell us how it’s done.
Here are her step-by-step instructions:
• Start with freshly washed hair. I use Pureology Hydrate shampoo, £12.65, and conditioner, £15.15 (both at feelunique.com).
• Whilst the hair is damp but not wet, apply Pureology Colour Stylist Cuticle Polisher, £15.85 (also at feelunique.com), throughout the whole head. Comb through the hair and be sure to get your centre parting super clean and straight.
• Then blow-dry the hair in the direction you want it to be. Smooth it down as flat and as straight as possible.
• Go over the hair with straightening irons. Always use a heat protection spray like L'Oreal Professionnel's tecni.art Hot Style Constructor, £12.35, to protect the hair and give hold on each section. I used the Cloud 9 Original Iron, £129.95, on Jessie’s hair, section by section from the nape of the neck up, to give the hair a super-polished look.
• Once you have completely ironed the hair straight use a peanut size amount of Kiehl's Creme with Silk Groom, £18, on any flyaways and fluffy strays.
• Brush the hair through and finish with Moroccan Oil Luminous Hairspray, £16.65 (at lookfantastic.com).
Check back next week for Jessie’s ELLE cover make-up look how-to...