Sheets masks - we've tried them all.
From Givenchy's seriously luxe (and slightly OTT) black lace contraption, to St Tropez's self-tan sheet mask and Charlotte Tilbury's confusingly dry one, if there's a sheet mask out there, you can pretty much guarantee we've tried it.
So when we heard (via Marie Claire UK) that the skincare gurus in South Korea had come up with fruit shaped slice masks, we obviously had to check it out.
Conjured up by Korean brand Kocostar, imagine the classic cucumber slices on your eyes face mask situation, then swap the real fruit for discs of deliciously-scented sheet mask, and you're pretty much there.
Simply choose your preferred flavour and skin concern (pineapple helps skin's elasticity, whilst watermelon and cucumber are all about hydration), peel off a slice from the sheet of discs and stick on your face.
Not convinced? We got our hands on the almost-good-enough-to-eat slice masks to see what all the hype was about...
- First up, they smell great. Watermelon smells, well, like watermelon (duh) but with less of the synthetic sickly sweetness you might expect. The same goes for pineapple and the cucumber smells eerily reminiscent of that water they always serve in snazzy spas aka great.
- You can mix and match to suit your skin. With pineapple designed to improve skin's elasticity and firmness, and cucumber and watermelon hitting you with a whole load of hydration, you can tailor the mask to your face. Focus on problem areas by placing different slices on the parts of your face that need the most love.
- They actually fit your face. We've lost count of how many times we've tried a sheet mask only for it to be either so big it doesn't actually touch our skin, or so small you're left wondering whether it's just your face that's abnormally large. Because the slices are individual spots, you can mould them around the shape of your face, instead of trying to fit your face to a sheet.
- As far as we're concerned, they work. Post-watermelon we were left with plumper, bouncier skin that smelt delicious.
- A pack of 12 slices is only £4. Now, that's a tasty deal.
- The fun factor is strong.
- We're not entirely sure it's the most scientifically sound skincare...
- Obviously they're individual slices, so covering your whole face is a little tricky. Possibly not the most convenient way to get your skincare on.
- You look a little silly. Kind of like that time you decided to take every sticker from your childhood sticker book and place them all over your face for no reason. Or like you've got a really rare and delicious smelling disease. But what's a fruit face between friends?
Feeling the fruit salad vibes? Get your hands on them at Topshop.