Lineisy Montero has been blazing down the runways of all the biggest designers this season, and we are obsessed. Her intense dark eyes and natural afro hair have ruled the catwalks of Alexander Wang, Diane Von Furstenberg, Givenchy, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung and Lacoste this season alone, plus Prada, Miu Miu, Versace, Dior and more the season before. Lineisy is definitely having a moment and we are here for it. If you haven't clued in yet to how great she is, let us introduce you. Here are 10 things you need to know about Lineisy Montero:
1. Her breakout show was Prada A/W 15
This was her first ever runway show and a career-making moment. And it's the single biggest reason why she's the girl of the moment right now.
2. She was discovered in an amusement park in her hometown of Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic
'On a roller coaster!' she told Fashion Week Daily.
3. She wants to have her own clothing line after her modelling career
Lineisy had always dreamed about being a fashion designer, and has plans for her own clothing line once her modelling career is done — not that we think that will happen anytime soon though!
4. Her favourite subjects in school were mathematics and history
If she weren't discovered on that rollercoaster, maybe she would have had a career in STEM?
5. She had never been on an airplane before that fateful Prada show
She recounted the experience to Models.com: 'When I got to Paris, my bags were lost; it was cold. I thought of just going back home. The next day I just realized that I had gotten there by the grace of God and the destiny he had for me.'
6. Her biggest inspiration is her mother
'I admire my mother the most. She raised us without my father’s help, and worked so hard to be able to give us an education. She is almost graduating from accounting. She is my true inspiration.'
7. Her Instagram doubles as her portfolio and it's the coolest
8. She cuts her hair before every show
One of Lineisy's most loved features is her natural hair, which she also adores. 'When I look in the mirror I love it!' she told Models.com.
9. She opened Jason Wu's S/S 16 show
Jason Wu's S/S 16 show was the first catwalk she's ever opened, and she was ecstatic about it.
10. If she were to cast someone as herself in a movie of her life, she'd cast Lupita Nyong'o and Daniel Radcliffe as her romantic other
We can't think of a better fit, especially considering how Lupita is also redefining beauty standards in the media.
Words: Kate Ng