The clue’s in the name: our May cover star Rebel Wilson doesn’t play by the rules. Here are our top seven facts to know – and love – about the Pitch Perfect star...
1. She was born Rebel Elizabeth Wilson in Sydney, Australia, and she has three siblings – two sisters called Liberty and Annachi, and a brother called Ryot. That’s one cool family.
2. Rebel was the recipient of the International Scholarship at the Australian Theatre for Young People in 2003, which, funded by fellow Aussie, Nicole Kidman, paid for Rebel to move to the US to pursue her dream of becoming an actor.
3. She’s been a part of a new wave of female actors, writers and comediennes in Hollywood showing a traditionally male-dominated industry that women are just as funny (in fact, often funnier) than they are.
4. In her audition piece for Pitch Perfect, she sang an explosive version of Lady Gaga’s Edge Of Glory that instantly convinced casting directors she was right for the role.
5. Rebel's great aunt was Lillian Bounds – wife of Walt Disney.
6. She isn't an overnight success story – Rebel has been working hard since 2002, when she appeared in Aussie series Pizza.
7. She’s got her head screwed on: at school she was a maths whizz-kid and thought she’d pursue a career as a lawyer or politician.