January. It’s not got much going for it, does it? Team ELLE are doing a dryathlon (more on that here), Team Beauty have given up sugar (the rest of us eating more of it to compensate for the lack of alcohol), it seems like it will never stop raining, and everyone’s skint.
Well, grumble no longer, dear readers, because the new issue of ELLE is out, and it’s got plenty to brighten up the worst month of the year (sorry January). From Rebecca Lowthorpe’s definitive trend report to the unveiling of our all-new #ELLEFashionCupboard, it’s full of must-read features that we promise will make the next few weeks easier. So go buy your copy now, and turn to these pages first:
1. ELLE Fashion Cupboard: It’s the heart and soul of our office, and now you can be a part of fashion’s most wanted destination. Read all about it, then join us on your mobile at m.elleuk.com (we’ll be tweeting about it too, #ELLEFashionCupboard).
2. Rebecca Lowthorpe’s Definitive s/s 2014 Trend Report: She’s our resident catwalk guru and one of the most respected fashion editors in the business. If it’s in here, then you need it in your wardrobe.
3. ELLE’s Undatable meets The Datables: Our columnist Lisa Reich was rejected by one of the world’s biggest online matchmakers. Can quizzing the internet’s A-list daters help her finally find love?
4. Pubic Hair: Why your bikini line is a feminist issue. How do you wear yours?
5. Cameron Russell: She’s the model whose TED Talk has had more than 2.5 million views, runs her own magazine and is one of the most in demand faces in the business. Find out why ELLE is in thrall to this very modern supermodel.
6. Emma Forrest: The novelist and scriptwriter joins ELLE, where she’ll pen her monthly column, #GirlInterrupter. She’s written a script for Brad Pitt, y’know.
7. The New Season: Kai Z Feng and Anne-Marie Curtis’s shoot is beautiful and breathtaking. It will inspire you.
8. Don’t Detox, Be Happy: Forget pricey gym memberships and fad diets; follow our mind, body and skin strategy and the rest will be a lot easier.
9. Get July Skin In January: Follow our easy and effective step-by-step formula and year-round radiance will be yours.
10. We celebrate one year of ELLE Running Club. Plus, three writers reveal their reasons for running; and Jessica Ennis-Hill shares her training tips.