Harvey Nichols opened its first store in Knightsbridge in 1831, and has since become one of the biggest and most successful department stores globally. And, of course, the famous haunt of fashion royalty: Eddie and Patsy. Its latest venture is in the heart of the Midlands – in ever-bustling Birmingham. Here are the five things that are going to make you want to head there immediately:
1. When trying on your outfit, you can now see your look 360 on a huge screen, thanks to a slow-mo style camera in the Style Concierge area. No more 'Does my bum look big in this?'
2. There is a secret door for VIPs to enter and leave by after the visiting the on-site spa – in case you want to go incognito after your treatment.
3. If the shoe fits…you can buy one-of-a-kind early issue trainers sourced by Fresh Laces in the shoe department (yes, that means Yeezys).
4. Even after hours, you will be able to enjoy the restaurant and bar. Local Michelin-starred chef Glynn Purnell has advised on a menu that features delicious sharing plates – ready for a refuel when you have outshopped yourself.
5. You can invest in some incredible vintage Chanel bags that have been reconditioned and hand-painted by Palestinian artist Janan Shihadeh and all pieces are total one-offs.
Want a virtual tour of the new store? Click right here.
The new store opens today – happy shopping.