This coming Spring/Summer 2016 season at London Fashion Week sees British designer Amanda Wakeley celebrate her 25th season. Famed for her glamour fuelled shows and her constant restyling of the classic LBD, Amanda Wakely continues to be tour de force in evening dressing.
We caught up with the designer for a quick-fire 25 questions.
1) You are a great designer because…
It’s my passion. I love women and want them to feel gorgeous, empowered and effortlessly chic
2) Three words to describe your style?
Clean, glamorous and sporty
3) Your personality type is?
I am a true Virgo: a perrfectionist, hard on myself but very loyal
4) Your greatest skill is?
5) Your favourite collection ever is?
My upcoming 25th anniversary collection, which will be showcased at LFW on the 22nd September
6) Trouser or skirt suit?
Trousers - I love a tux suit worn day and night
7) The colour you wear most?
8) What's your hidden talent?
I like to slalom water-ski.
9) Who is the person you would most want to collaborate with?
In my dreams it's Karl Largerfeld, what a creative genius!
10) The person you admire most?
My partner, Hugh
11) If you weren’t a designer,, you would be...
Its impossible to imagine doing anything else
12) Colour you love most?
13) Heel or flat?
Flat for running around the studio and a killer heel for a night out
14) Gold or silver?
Silver and Rose Gold
15) What's your greatest success?
Building my brand and having a loyal customer base of women who trust and love my designs
16) What has been your biggest knockback?
I never give negatives oxygen
17) Favourite hotel in the world?
The George V in Paris – it’s exquisite and is a very special place for Hugh and I
18) Coffee or tea?
19) Favourite London landmark?
The River Thames - our apartment in Chelsea overlooks it. It is definitely the heart of the city
20) Real Wives of Beverley Hills or Made in Chelsea?
Real Housewives of NY - I first met Dorinda 20 years ago and she is a great woman
21) Queen of England or First Lady of USA?
Queen of England, she is a global icon
22) Your motto is?
Live each day to the full
23) The thing you most value?
Love and loyalty
24) The most valuable lesson you’ve learned?
The power of believing in yourself
25) Your greatest piece of advice?
Only do what you are passionate about - life is too short
We cannot wait to see that the 25th collection holds on store.