While many are ecstatic about the strategic move by the luxury fashion house, others are wary of the motivations behind the line: Is it a pure money grab?
After all, Thomson Reuters reports that Muslim women are expected to spend £322 billion on clothing and shoes by 2019.
Others stress the need to support the smaller, Muslim-owned businesses in the industry.
As the CEO and chief designer of Haute Hijab, an online retailer for modest fashion, I'm here to aid with this request. Ahead, shop 10 hijabs and scarves, made by Muslim women, for Muslim women.
1. HH Essentials Premium Jersey Wrap, hautehijab.com
2. Vela Scarves Mosaic Print Scarf, velascarves.com
5. Vela Scarves Black Chiffon Zipper Edge Scarf, velascarves.com
6. Aab Collection Pink and Taupe Chiffon Hijab, aabcollection.com
7. Sarar Sura Silk Scarf, modanisa.com
8. Aab Collection Black Onyx Hijab, aabcollection.com
9. Neva Lace Shawl, mymodefa.com
10. Tuva Black Fringed Scarf, modanisa.com
Words by Melanie Elturk for Elle.com