It happened quietly—perhaps while you were sleeping or while you were polishing off that box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. But sometime this weekend, Queen Bey handed over her crown (or one of them) to Kim Kardashian.
Kim K, on a steady path to surpass Beyoncé's 43.9 million followers on Instagram, crossed the 44 million mark. She is now the most followed person on Instagram.
Beyoncé would be plotting her comeback, if she weren't currently on vacation in a matching one-piece with her daughter. So bask in your victory for now, Kimmy K (but as Kanye would say, watch the throne?). Because we can guarantee Bey will be back.
For reference, Instagram's current top 10, according to Us Weekly:
1. Kim Kardashian — 44,005,604
2. Beyoncé — 43,935,648
3. Taylor Swift — 43,533,226
4. Selena Gomez — 41,843,095
5. Ariana Grande — 41,696,873
6. Justin Bieber — 36,994,254
7. Kendall Jenner — 35,388,483
8. Kylie Jenner — 33,703,166
9. Nicki Minaj — 32,278,123
10. Khloé Kardashian — 30,522,261
From the editors of ELLE.com