Going to a winter wedding? Lucky you.
Far from being the sartorial minefield that many think it to be, a winter wedding is your chance to amp up the sparkle, rev up the glamour, and have a little more fun with your choice of outfit.
- It's ok to wear black
- You can go a little sexier - it will be dark by 4pm so a little bit more back on show is entirely acceptable.
- Having said that, an appropriate cover-up is essential. Have fun with it and go for a cape, a chubby or a sequinned jacket
- Candlelight requires plenty of sparkle so bring out the rhinestones.
- You don't have top wear a dress: a jumpsuit or a tuxedo will make a lasting impression.
- Because most of the event is after-dark, you are entirely within your rights to wear a gown. Just leave the tiara at home.
Kate Middleton wears McQueen for the Queen's Diamond Jubilee celebrations
Kate Moss wears a long bias cut gown paired with chandelier earrings and a piano shawl to the wedding of Leah Wood
A feathered jacket is the perfect topper for a long luxe evening gown
ASOS Premium Feather Jacket, £85
Up the glamour ante with a full-length gown. The clean lines and bold colour of this Topshop dress make it clean and modern.
Topshop 'Clean T-shirt' satin maxi dress, £58
A winter wedding is the perfect opportunity to break out a jumpsuit. Keep it to a dark hue for understated elegance.
Diane Kruger wearing Jason Wu in Paris
An embroidered jacket is the perfect piece to take you from church to party
Zara velvet biker jacket with embroidered pearls, £139 at Zarta
Make like Gemma Arterton and wear a decorative cape slung across your shoulders for a chic evening cover-up
The LBD comes into its own at a winter wedding. This one from Carin Wester is the perfect balance of demure and sexy.
Carin Wester low-back ruffle dress, £255 at Urban Outfitters
Kurt Geiger 'Andy' Mesh boot at www.kurtgeiger.com
A trouser suit is a bold but striking choice for a winter wedding. Make like Tilda Swinton - here wearing Haider Ackermann - and keep accessories to a minimum.
Hailed as the new Philip Treacy, this Irish Milliner makes fantasy hats guaranteed to make a statement.
Mark T Burke 'Laura' hat, at lovehats.com
Prints are perfect for a winter wedding. Keep them dark and don't be afraid to add a patina of sheen as Caroline Sieber effortlessly displays in her Christopher Kane dress