Seriously – why are we all so lazy about wearing a correctly sized bra?
Apparently, we’re as guilty of it as anyone. But it’s important – and never more so than on your wedding day. What you put on beneath your dress can have a knock-on effect on everything, from your total look in those all-important pictures to your comfort on the day itself.
We sat down with Monica Harrington, Triumph’s Product Manager, to glean some wonder-body wisdom, and here’s what we learned…
- A seamstress can do wonders once she has the correct-fitting lingerie for under the dress. Buy your lingerie after the dress but before your fittings start.
- Take your lingerie to every fitting with you as your bust size can change if your weight fluctuates.
- A strapless bra can often be sewn into the dress to give additional support.
- If you are wearing a strapless bra, never go up a size in the back. Wear your correct under-band size, or go down a band size and up a cup – this will ensure your strapless bra will not end up around your waist (presuming you opt not to have it sewn in).
- Don’t feel restricted on dress choice because of your lingerie – there are a multitude of specialist options available (Triumph’s multiway body dress, for example, is seamfree and available in a skin tones, making it completely under white or ivory).
- It’s often better as a rule to opt for smooth or seamfree lingerie rather than boning, which can be restricting.