In the US and Canada, Thanksgiving is a national holiday celebrated to remember when the Pilgrims invited the local Native Americans to a harvest feast after an incredibly fruitful growing season.
It's also a time to gorge on turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie and luckily for us Brits – who don't have a Thanksgiving equivalent – it's a chance for us to steal their tradition and make up an excuse to eat our body weight in food while wait for that other stolen American tradition, Black Friday.
If this isn't a reason to keep up relations with the US then I don't know what is?
One thing that's always puzzled me about Thanksgiving is the pudding – pumpkin pie, to be exact. Rather than a dish dreamed up by vegetarians who enjoy concocting dishes such as avocado chocolate mousse and beetroot brownies, this is a staple food for Americans, made up of a sweet shortcrust pastry tart filled with spiced squash.
Sounds delicious, right?
Well, in honour of our neighbours over the Atlantic, we've rounded up exactly how you can indulge on the pie, today:
1. Ben&Jerrys Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream with a Graham Cracker Swirl, Co-op
2. Pumpkin Pie, Hummingbird Bakery
3. Made Right Here Pumpkin Pie, Whole Foods
4. Pumpkin Pecan Pie, Brett & Bailey
5. Extra Silky Pumpking Pie, Dominique Ansel Bakery
6. McCormick Pumpkin Pie Spice, Ocado (cheat and sprinkle it on a normal pie)
If all else fails, you could always make your own pumpkin pie? Although, after all that peeling and deseeding, you might be there 'til next Thanksgiving.