Prince George's School Suffers Major Security Breach Days Before Term Starts

The prince's new school Thomas's Battersea recently saw a woman walk through the main entrance without security checks, causing safety concerns among parents.

MOST POPULAR

Just over a week since we reported Prince George's new school Thomas's Battersea was described as 'slightly chaotic' by The Good Schools Guide, the prep school has suffered a major security break days before the royal is scheduled to start school.

The Telegraph reports local residents claim the school is vulnerable to terrorists after a woman was able to stroll into the establishment after the gate and a main entrance door were left open.

ADVERTISEMENT - CONTINUE READING BELOW

Sarah Burnett-Moore, who entered the school without security checks and took pictures inside the building, said the lack of protection for the young royal and her ability to walk through reception and into a classroom was 'astonishing' and 'rather worrying'.

'I could have walked in with an IED and set it to go off on Thursday,' Burnett-Moore told the publication.

'I live just 200 metres from the school and myself and lots of neighbours are worried about the security implications as the prince's presence will make the area a target for attacks,' she added.

However, the publications claims a 'well-rehearsed' security operation will come into force when the four-year-old starts school on Thursday, accompanied by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The Good Schools Guide previously described George's school as 'a big, busy, slightly chaotic school' for cosmopolitan parents where 19 languages are spoken in the homes of pupils.

We're sure the safety of Prince George will be the British Monarch and the school's highest priority in the days to follow.

More from ELLE UK: