She's a runner, spin instructor and newly qualified Pilates teacher, and now she's ELLE's new fitness columnist.
Before you read her column in September's new-look issue, here are five things you need to know about Bangs, aka Muireann Carey-Campbell.
- People call me Bangs because I have a blog calledBangs and A Bun. My actual name, Muireann, is difficult to pronounce and people always get it wrong, so it just became easier to go by 'Bangs'.Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
- I was a dancer when I was younger and my life goal was to go pro and become a choreographer. In the end I decided to continue my education and go to university instead. But you can guarantee, to this day, whenever I hear music, I'm choreographing a fierce dance routine in my head.
- I have a Boston Terrier called Stringer Bell. He's named after my favourite character on the TV series The Wire, who was played by Idris Elba (who I may have a slight obsession with). I take Stringer pretty much everywhere with me. I'm slightly biased, but he's basically the coolest dog alive.
- I was born in Canada and grew up in Leeds with a Canadian father and Irish mother. I've lived in New York, Tokyo, Montreal, Toronto and a few other places in between. My family like to joke that I don't take holidays, I just move to different countries.
- Running is the main way I practice mindfulness and meditation. I run at 5am when the streets are empty and I just listen to the sounds of my heartbeat, footsteps and breath. To me, there's no more calming or centring way to start my day.
Meet Bangs and MATCHESFASHION.COM at a special series of talks on Thursday, 14th July celebrating all things style, wellness and fitness. Bangs will be discussing with Kate Blythe, MATCHESFASHION.COM Global Content Director, just what inspires her and her clients to feel confident and empowered when it comes to fitness. See further details on how to RSVP here.