Oh, baby, baby. If you remember Britney Spears' smash hit ...Baby One More Time hitting the airwaves (not to mention MTV), prepare to feel VERY old: the iconic song is celebrating the 16th anniversary of its release.
The single is officially one of the best-selling of all time, with over 10 million copies sold. It reached number 1 in every country in which it charted, and smashed just about every record imaginable.
So sure, you're familiar with the words, the styling, the dance routine.
But here are 5 things we bet you didn't know about a very modern masterpiece.
1. Backstreet Boys and TLC turned the song down before it landed with the then-untested Mouseketeer Britney.
2. The initial concept for the video was based on a cartoon. It was Britney's idea to set it in a school.
3. The iconic schoolgirl outfit she wore in the video came from US discount megastore Kmart. It's said that no item of clothing worn in the video cost more than $17.
4. The school used for filming was Venice High School; the very same setting used in the film Grease.
5. The guy who plays Britney's love interest in the video is her real-life cousin, Chad.
Now hit repeat.