To launch his partnership with Haig Club whisky, ELLE cover star, retired football legend, every man and woman’s favourite pin up and all-round lovely chap David Beckham hosted a series of dinners in Edinburgh. ELLE attended one (along with the Jimmy Choo).
Here are 8 things you should know from our dinner with David (sorry):
- Beckham is a proud Brit. OK, we knew this already - he’s an unofficial ambassador for all things British - but it’s also one of the reasons he’s partnered with Haig Club whisky. He’s passionate about the brand’s heritage and traditions.
- Jimmy Choo is the kind of guy you want at a party. (A traditional haggis was served at the dinner - ceremoniously delivered with a live bagpipe parade - and Jimmy was compelled to dance.)
- Forget palm readings: Jimmy can read your fortune by looking at your feet.
- Becks' cocktail of choice on the night? Haig Club whisky with sparkling apple and ginger.
- In addition to being a fan of Haig Club, time spent living in LA turned David on to Californian red wines. So now you know what to get him as a gift.
- David confessed he doesn't actually exercise that often; only when he’s in LA.
- David loved the nine-course meal prepared by Tom Kitchin (Scotland’s youngest Michelin starred chef). Tom had also cooked for David and his guests (including wife Victoria Beckham and friend Gordon Ramsay) the evening before. See VB’s Instagram for a seriously sweet couple selfie snapped at the dinner.
- Style tip from David: when going to a Michelin-starred restaurant, wear a tie.