Social media wizard Kim Kardashian was invited to speak with Recode founder Kara Swisher at the tech blog's Code/Mobile conference in San Francisco. Here’s the low-down:
– She LOVES her Blackberry Bold, in fact she wants to buy the company. ‘It’s my heart and soul, I love it and I’ll never get rid of it. I do have an iPhone, and I use it for photos. But if you write an email and you need to type fast — I like having the [key]board. They don’t even have them in stores anymore. I buy them on eBay. It’s a BlackBerry Bold. And I like to have three in my room that I line up in case they break.’
– Kim’s favourite app? Instagram: ‘I think you can be really creative, and a little more intimate. It has more texture than just words’
– Kim thinks Twitter is an ‘amazing focus group’ and dispelled rumours she gets $10,000 per tweet – ‘I would have been tweeting every two seconds if it was true’.
– Kim’s top social media tip: ‘I have a three-image rule. In the same setting, I try not to do more than three. It oversaturates my feed.’
– As for her own app - the smash hit game for iOS devices, Kim Kardashian: Hollywood - at development stage Kim ‘wasn't trying to make anything else but an entertaining game’.
– Keeping Up With The Kardashians, according to Kim, is an extensive catalogue of ‘Well-shot, well-lit home movies’. That said, she doesn't think ‘reality TV gets the respect it deserves.’
– Kim prides herself on her work ethic. ‘I wake up every single day at 6 am, and go to the gym, and get my daughter up, feed my baby, film all day, sometimes don’t finish until 8 or 9 pm, and that’s every single day, six days a week, for five months straight while we’re filming.’