The selfie that broke all kinds of Twitter records was taken at the Oscars. You remember it, don't you? Here it is in case you've forgotten:
With 3 million retweets and 2 million favorites, Ellen's tweet was by far the most engaging tweet of 2014. The second-most retweeted thing was Justin Bieber's inspirational shouting after his DUI arrest — it had less than 500,000 RTs.
Twitter also lists the top 10 most-tweeted-about entertainment moments of the year. They are:
1. Ellen's famous selfie during the Oscars: 254,644 tweets per minute
2. End of halftime show featuring Bruno Mars and the Red Hot Chili Peppers at the Super Bowl: 229,533 tweets per minute
3. Imagine Dragons and Kendrick Lamar's performance during the Grammys: 171,593 tweets per minute
4. Ellen delivers pizza to the audience during Oscars: 158,159 tweets per minute:
5. Lorde wins best pop solo performance at the Grammys: 152,688 tweets per minute
6. Lorde performs at Grammys: 146,083 tweets per minute
7. Miley Cyrus's win for "Video of the Year" during the VMAs: 138,792 tweets per minute
8. Gravity wins its sixth Oscar — for film editing: 135,330 tweets per minute
9. Beyoncé performs and receives Vanguard Award alongside Jay Z at VMAs: 97,153 tweets per minute:
10. Lorde wins Best Rock Video at VMAs: 89,029 tweets per minute
Last but not least: the most tweeted-at celebrity of the year was ... Justin Bieber. He and has 56 million followers win.
Can't keep the #swag down.
From the editors of Cosmopolitan.com