On the off-chance that you've forgotten the last umpteen times Gwyneth Paltrow has announced that she and Beyoncé and Jay Z areomgsuchgoodfriends, Goop went on Watch What Happens Live to remind the world yet again. (Though, to be fair, if we were besties with Bey, we'd shout it from the rooftops/Twitters/tattoo parlour where we'd be getting matching BFF ink.) At this point, we were almost expecting it—but what we weren't expecting was what she would describe as the best part of being BFFs with Queen Bey.
"The greatest perk of being [Beyoncé and Jay Z's] friend is that I have a relationship with people who are also—who have similar..." she began, before continuing: "Obviously I'm not as famous or successful as they are, but I do have a life in the public eye and I have people to sort of walk through life with in that capacity, and they're very kind and loving people."
Now, that's um, nice, but you call the Carters your best friends and that's what you come up with? We have to admit, when it comes to the reasons why knowing Bey is awesome, we were hoping for something more along the lines of the following:
1. Bey throws guerrilla music video shoots in hotel rooms, complete with airbrushed underwear, foot phones, and all sorts of twerking.
2. She and Jay hang out with actual royalty.
3. In spite of being so ridiculously famous and scrutinised, she manages to accomplish secret miracles like dropping an entire album with corresponding music videos overnight with no warning.
4. Her version of a family road trip is a totally amazing, (and yes, #Flawless) theatrical tour.
5. She shares big news in a rather epic fashion—like announcing her pregnancy with Blue Ivy while performing on stage.
6. She has a sense of humour (or at least is down to get buried in sand) with this maybe teaser of a pregnancy announcement, that at the very least succeeded in messing with our minds.
Now, to be fair, maybe when you're friends with Beyoncé, this all kind of goes without saying, and fangirling is off the table. And Gwyneth did name-drop Blue Ivy, calling her a "powerhouse," "the boss of everything," and "freaking adorable." (Like mother, like daughter, eh?) But next time you talk about the first family of Hip Hop/R&B, Gwyn—which, let's face it, is going to happen—can youplease give us just a teensy bit more? (Like, um, IS SHE PREGNANT?!)
Image above: Getty Images
From the editors of ELLE.com