The Oscar nominees have been confirmed, with ELLE cover stars Benedict Cumberbatch and Eddie Redmayne going head to head for the Best Actor title, and ELLE March cover star Keira Knightley nominated for Best Supporting Actress. Here’s what else we know so far about the 87th Academy Awards on 22 February.
- Host Neil Patrick Harris is having a song written for him by Frozen songwriters Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. What rhymes with ‘Oscar’?
- Rita Ora will perform Grateful (from Beyond The Lights)
- Common will perform Glory with John Legend (from Selma)
- Maroon 5’s Adam Levine will perform Lost Stars (from Begin Again)
- Jennifer Aniston, Kerry Washingon and Chris Pratt have been added as presenters
- Last years winners Cate Blanchett, Matthew McConaughey, Lupita Nyong'o and Jared Leto will also hand out major awards
- Actor, singer and comedian Jack Black will be making an appearance and performing a special sequence
Photo: Rex Features