This month ELLE turns 30, so do many of the team. It got us talking that some things, some very specific things, only happen when you get to the age.
See how many of these you recognise...
1. You wake up before 8am, without an alarm, and even on the weekend.
2. Your morning routine now involves John Humphrys, almond milk, and ironing – once it involved just coffee, an aspirin, and maybe a Berocca.
3. Your beauty regime is very sophisticated, aka you actually exfoliate in the shower, and use more than face wipes to cleanse. You invest in moisturisers like they’re bond stocks, and now see the point in both eye cream and beauty balm.
4. Shouting 'CAN YOU MOVE DOWN PLEASE' on the tube/bus becomes a morning norm.
5. You refuse to queue for anything.
6. Clothes are bought to last more than a season – and the word ‘practical' goes through your head as browse rails rather than ‘hot’.
7. In fact, you’ll have come to realize most your wardrobe is black, navy and grey – and if it’s not you’ll now regret the purchase.
8. Being late or messy is no longer considered creative and kooky.
9. Of course - you will still be late, but will now blame trains, useless Uber driver, queuing for the shower in the gym.
10. Yes, you now are now the proud member of a gym. And like that your gym has clean towels, a juice bar, and nut based snacks.
11. You’re now totally au fait about going fully naked in gym changing rooms.
12. Your job is no longer something you’re doing while your figure out what you want to be. And you’re deciding whether your hobby could now become a second job, or a freelance venture.
13. Interns use words you definitely don’t understand.
14. Interns will also use computer programmes you don’t understand.
15. Those same interns will ask your career advice, and you’ll be slightly panicked as you won't really know the answer. But you’ll pretend.
16. After work isn’t just pub time, you long for home and your sofa.
17. And if you do go out, you’ll always be home before midnight.
18. Of course, you probably still won't own your home, but you now swipe Right Move in the ways you once swiped Tinder.
19. You do however have your own interior tastes and now own decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
20. You’ve spent hundreds of pounds on house plants (but you’re still not responsible enough to water them so they often die).
21. Dinner involves cooking for at least 15 minutes. And jars of pesto are no longer the only thing on your shopping list.
22. Yes, you have the Ocado app, but it's hidden on page 3 of your iPhone.
23. You have a cupboard with several types of tea – green, white, fennel, sleepy (yes, they’re a bit like the dwarves!)
24. The two bottles of wine for a fiver days are over.
25. Actually one bottle under a fiver isn’t even a thing. If you turn up to a dinner party with anything but a £7.99+ bottle, well, prepare for some judgment.
26. Your Uber rating is at least 4.8 as you’re such a loyal account holder, and are always very polite.
27. Gone are the days of entering a bar and scouting out the best looking people in the room, now your eyes desperately dart searching for chairs. Warm, comfy, chairs, in quiet dimly lit corners.
28. Holidays are planned, reviews in the Guardian pre booking are looked at and historical ruins are now a must.
29. You actually leave the house on a Sunday, who knew so many galleries / markets / talks happened on the Holy day.
30. Bed never comes early enought, and you now read rather than watch iPlayer.