It's hard not to love Ronda Rousey. The Women's Bantamweight champion, Olympic medalist and actress is as profound as she is badass. Hell, she even inspired Beyoncé, who played her 'Do Nothing Bitches' pep-talk before performing 'Diva' at a recent concert.
Here are six awesome things Ronda taught us about life in her recent NYLON interview:
1. 'After every fight, it’s really important that I just have a big mound of hot wings in front of me. I’ve had points where they didn’t get me the right hot wings after a fight and I cried. Literally tears because I look forward to it for so long and I’m so perfect on my diet and I’m like I can’t wait to beat this chick and just have a plate of hot wings and a side of beer. That’s all I want in the world.'
2. 'We lost my dad at a very young age and my mom had three of us. She had three jobs in the meantime to be able to take care of all of us and I respect her so much for being capable of all of that. For a woman to be ambitious and find reasons and ways to respect herself, and have things to be proud of and not be proud of a guy that she’s landed… I think that should be encouraged in women: to want to accomplish something in their lives.
3. 'I started hearing 'How are you ever going to find a husband, if you’re such an intimidating person,' 'You’re so accomplished, no man is going to want to deal with that.' I’m like, 'Why would I want to find a man that is so easily intimidated? There are many other intimidating things in life than me. If I’m too much for you, then life’s going to be too much for us.'
4. 'I want to find someone who has hustle to match my own and someone who we can bring the best out in each other. I don’t want a guy that feels the need to dim my light in order to make his look brighter and I’m tired of seeing girls encouraged to be as dim a light as possible so as not to obscure their man. You should both rev it up.'
5. 'I just don’t have it in me to give up on anything, I think. I don’t depend on a man to make me happy. It’s an amazing plus when it’s right, and I’m not in a rush to find that. I think that it will find me—and I’m not weeping away the days until then. I’m so excited to see who that person is going to be. How exciting and awesome is it going to be to find someone who is just as excited to take over the world as I am? I really can’t wait.'
6. [On responding to street harassment] 'If you’re going past the same site everyday, bust out that phone and film those mother fu*kers and put it out and be like, "These guys on this corner are assholes." As my mom says, "Thou shalt not say fu*k you to assholes is not one of the ten commandments."'