Hurrah! Bridget Jones is back and falling headfirst into middle-age with a pint of Pinot Grigio in one hand and a pregnancy test in the other. We know she’s not exactly a feminist icon but, we can’t help but relate to her bad dates, career dramas and generally banal middle class musings.
'Oh, God, I'm so lonely. An entire weekend streching ahead with no one to love or have fun with. Anyway, I don't care. I've got a lovely steamed ginger pudding from M&S to put in the microwave.'
It never gets old. ‘Anyhoo’, as Bridget would say, this new film promises more of what we’d expect from the bumbling singleton, plus some hilarious moments aimed squarely at millennial city life. Here’s what looks most V.G about new film. Soz though, spoiler alerts.
1. BJ is single!
2. Patrick Dempsey AKA McDreamy from Grey’s Anatomy is new dish
3. BJ does a ridic spinning class (we can relate)
4. BJ goes to Glasto – hilarity surely ensues!
5. Err… She meets Ed Sheeran
6. Mr Darcy is BACK and looking his age (just us?)
7. Emma Thompson is her doctor
8. There are cupcakes
9. There is wine.