Travelzoo and ELLE have handpicked these trips just for you:
Thanksgiving in New York City – £545
Treat yourself to a four night shopping trip to the Big Apple during Thanksgiving week. On Lexington Avenue in Midtown Manhattan, the W hotel is just 15 minutes’ walk from the Rockefeller Centre, Grand Central Station, Times Square and the department stores of Fifth Avenue, and only a short subway ride to downtown. Thanksgiving is on Thursday, 26th November and Macy’s annual Thanksgiving Day Parade will travel down Sixth Avenue, 10 minutes’ walk from the hotel.
· Direct return British Airways flights to New York JFK
· Four nights at the W New York in a Cozy Room on a room-only basis
A checked baggage allowance of 23kg is included. Transfers are available from £15 pp, each way
When? Fly from London Heathrow on 21-23 November, 2015.
Venice - £189
Most cheap deals to Venice leave you languishing in the outskirts but with this one you stay right on the Grand Canal, in a room with real Murano glass chandeliers. The Carlton hotel has its own private landing stage for boats and gondolas - handy as a (usually super-pricey) gondola tour is included, as well as a sky lounge and restaurant for beyond-romantic views of the waterway and the Venice skyline.
· Return flights from London (Gatwick, Luton, Southend or Stansted) or East Midlands
· Three nights B&B at the deluxe Hotel Carlton, on the Grand Canal, in a Superior Double Room
· Gondola tour
When? Depart on select dates from 8 November, 2015 -7 March, 2016. Travel in October for £239 pp.
Checked baggage costs from £40 per bag, return. Transfers are not included but you can take the airport shuttle bus service to Piazzale Roma, which is five minutes from the hotel.
Azores – £349
Caloura, a quiet fishing port on the island of São Miguel in the Azores (Portugal’s nine volcanic islands in the North Atlantic), is renowned for having the best weather on the island. It won’t exactly be hot in Dec – Feb (average around 16c– 18c) but if you like your paradises rugged, you’ll love the volcanic pools, whale and dolphin watching, hot springs, and bathing in a hot lake at Terra Nostra Botanic Gardens. Set on a volcanic rock overlooking the Atlantic, in two hectares of tropical gardens, the Caloura Hotel Resort has an outdoor pool, sauna, gym, tennis court, and a trail down to a private beach.
· Return flights from London Stansted
· Seven nights dinner B&B at the 4-star Caloura Hotel Resort
· Return transfers
Add checked baggage for £50, return.
When? Flights depart from London Stansted on 5 December, 2015; 16, 23 January; 20, 27 February, 2016.
Corfu – £449
Now this trip will be hot, as temperatures in Corfu can reach the early 70s until mid/end October. The five-star Imperial Grechotel resort, on a private peninsula on the east coast of Corfu, has three sandy coves, each with a Blue Flag beach, four restaurants right on the waterfront with panoramic sea views, and a cool bar terrace with live music.
· Return flights from London (Gatwick, Luton or Stansted), Bristol, East Midlands or Leeds Bradford
· Return shuttle transfers
· Seven nights with dinner & B&B at the five-star Corfu Imperial Grecotel Exclusive Resort, in a Corfu Bungalow with sea views
Checked luggage costs from £40 per bag, return.
When? Depart on select dates from 28 September-14 October
Andalusian Spa – £249
The Romans were on to a good thing when they discovered the therapeutic waters in the Andalusian hills of southern Spain, and the neo-classical Villa Padierna Thermas de Carratraca spa was originally built to welcome King Ferdinand VII of Spain in the early 1800s. The five-star hotel is set in almond- and olive-grove-covered countryside in the mountains, and is just a short drive from Malaga if you yearn for the beach.
· Return flights from London (Gatwick or Stansted)
· Return transfers
· Three nights dinner B&B at the Villa Padierna Thermas de Carratraca in a Classic Queen Room
· One circuit of the thermal suite pp, per day (sauna, Turkish bath, indoor and outdoor pool
Checked luggage can be added from £40 per bag, return.
When? Depart on select dates from 22 November, 2015-7 March, 2016. You can also depart from Birmingham, Bristol, East Midlands and Manchester for £279 pp.