Besides the beautiful backdrop of glaciers, waterfalls, volcanoes and steamy hot springs, Iceland has consistently led the way in eliminating gender inequality.
Britain, in comparison, came in at no. 24.
8 REASONS WHY WE WANT TO MOVE TO ICELAND:
1) Almost 80 per cent of Icelandic women participate in the labour force. Although the gender pay gap rests at 14 per cent, it still beats UK's 18 per cent difference. What's more, the Icelandic government has pledged to close the gender pay gap by 2022.
2) They have a great parental leave policy. Couples get nine months' paid leave at around 80 per cent of their salary. Three months are reserved for each parent, and the couple can choose to share the remaining three months, and because it's a use-it-or-lose-it system, 90 per cent of Icelandic fathers take up their paternal leave.
3) It was the first country to elect a female president. Vigdís Finnbogadóttir was elected president of Iceland in 1980 and served until 1996.
4) Over 40 per cent of MPs are women (compared to 29 per cent in the UK).
5) They have endless hot springs and outdoor pools. And some even offer in-water massages and a swim-up bar. Sign us up.
6) They have a tradition of giving each other books at Christmas and then staying up all night reading. They even have a term for this tradition called Jólabókaflóð, which translates to 'Christmas book flood'!
7) Icelanders *actually* believe in elves and other mystical creatures. The port town of Hafnarfjördur is famous for supposedly having Iceland's largest settlements of elves and dwarves. Some Icelanders even build tiny houses for them!
8) Because, Bjork. Ultimate girl crush.