New York wedding planner Fallon Carter has predicted the top 10 wedding trends for 2015. From the return of the veil and swapping your bridal bouquet for a far more practical wristlet, to controversial ‘man caves’, here's how it's done.
1. Chandelier Cakes: That’s right, inverted cakes. We predict a structural nightmare – and tiers (sorry).
2. Veils: Kim Kardashian had one, and she’s the hottest face on every FROW right now. Where Kim goes, brides follow.
3. Cocktail receptions: Forget sit-down dinners. Who really cares about the food at weddings anyway? It’s all about the booze. And wolfing down canapés.
4. Pies: Specifically fruit pies, in place of traditional wedding cake, but we wouldn’t say no to a giant pork pie and some piccalilli.
5. Floral wristlets: Because let’s face it, bouquets are a bit of a pain, and you’re forever palming them off on some poor bridesmaid while you try to neck a glass of champagne/pose for photos/chat to granny. Wristlets are practical and pretty.
6. Temporary tattoos: Yes, really, temporary tattoos are the hot new wedding favour. Fun and creative. And guaranteed to end up on the best man’s face.
7. Man caves: Sadly, man caves are a thing; an area where the groom can retreat with his bros with bourbon and cigars. We say: we’re going to make feminist grottos ‘a thing’.
8. Personal branding: Custom monograms, logos and hashtags are the way forward. Trust us, ELLE digital guru Leisa Millar had one for her wedding.
9. Food trucks: Essential if all you’re providing your guests with is canapés.
10. Aerial photography: Because every couple can afford a helicopter, right?