(Cos dress, Prada shoes, Dior bag)
Photos by Stephanie Sian Smith
This dress is one of my favourite spring/summer pieces from Cos, which I’ve teamed with some Prada shoes I bought a while ago and my new Dior bag; I love the minky colour of this bag.
(Dior bag, Prada shoes)
Rihanna and River Island, Lana Del Rey and H&M: the latest collaborations to hit the headlines this week and make me glad the British High Street is so unique. This is the only place in the world where accessible fashion – or style for less as we say at ELLE – is of such high quality, and the only place where we are creatively miles ahead of everyone else.
But who would you want to match-make? I asked team ELLE for some serious and not so serious ideas:
- Peter Pilotto and Cos. Why? Mixing PP’s prints with the modern, simple cuts by Cos
- ELLE cover star Alexa Chung and everyone! We love everything she wears
- Team ELLE and everyone! You seem to like our style on the What ELLE Wears gallery
- Harper Beckham and Baby Gap
- Gwen Stefani and Meadham Kirchhoff
- Lana Del Rey and American Apparel
- Zoe Kravitz and Alexander Wang
- Hermès and H&M. Wishful affordable thinking
- Mary Katrantzou and Eres swimwear
- Erdem and Le Creuset for all the linen and tablecloth paraphernalia you can throw a floral stick at
- Alison Mosshart and Acne
- Betty Draper and Mac. Imagine the limited-edition red lipstick
- Lana del Rey and just about any beauty brand for the ultimate liquid eyeliner
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Babyliss. She’s got the best cover-girl hair ever, so the tongs would be a sell-out
- Downton Abbey and Jo Malone. We don’t know why, we just thought it may work
I know some really clever ones will pop into my head the moment I go home so why don’t you send me your wish list and I’ll include them in my next blog post.
In the fashion cupboard today I found (and really liked) the following:
Icy crystal covered Chanel shoes from the autumn/winter 2012 show
Mary Katrantzou we love you! Looking forward to seeing her and her prints at Port Eliot festival
The Great British High Street doing what it does best
This week the editor is:
Packing to go on holiday. I am off to Cornwall and you’ll see me at Port Eliot Festival on Saturday. I’ve just found out the first-ever editor of ELLE, Sally Brampton, and her successor Maggie Alderson will be there, too. We’ve been wondering what you call a trio of ELLE editors. Any ideas?
Trying out new hair styles