By Lorraine Candy
Photos by Stephanie Sian Smith
(Jacket by Paul Smith, blouse by TM Lewin, trousers by Topshop, boots by Jerome Rousseau, bag by Gucci)
Colour by stylist Adam Reed. The right blonde I hope!
I have been on holiday for a week in Cornwall with the family. I’m refreshed (the body boarding was great), a little sunburnt and ready to blog again.
This week I have mostly been doing the following:
- Designing the October cover. On the cover is an iconic music star who I know you love because you keep asking me to put her on the cover. So I have.
- Watching the Olympics. I have tickets for dressage on Thursday, archery on Friday and the men’s diving and men’s 400 metres next week.
- Meeting Matches for an inspirational breakfast to discuss our London Fashion Week plans. @matchesfashion
- Chatting with September cover star Rosie Huntington-Whiteley on Twitter about her second ELLE cover shoot.
- Admiring the fountains in the sun at Somerset House, where I met the British Fashion Council to take about our plans for ELLE’s Talent Launch Pad competition.
- Being photographed for The Times newspaper for a story about our ‘Edited by the Interns’ October issue, out on 5 September. The winning editor intern will be in my job very soon I suspect. She’s just filed her October editor’s letter and it’s very good.
- And wondering what Dougal is doing now because he is a huge hit on the cover of our accessories supplement, out now with the September issue. We’ll be running a fun ‘match the editor to their pet’ caption competition next week!
View from the fashion cupboard. We like!
Alberta Ferretti shoes
Celine bag from Matches
This week the editor recommends:
You subscribe to ELLE to get the amazing Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream. It’s time I replaced mine.
Reading ELLE Collections again because I always miss tiny details
You enter our annual ELLE Talent competition